THC stands for tetrahydrocannabinol. This is a crystalline compound that is the main active ingredient that is found in cannabis. This is the active compound that causes the high sensation when cannabis is consumed. It is available in the form of oils, edibles, capsules, and so many more. In legal marijuana, only o.3% or less of THC is allowed in whatever the cannabis product online dispensary canada
Side effects of consuming THC edibles.
THC has so many benefits. It helps patients dealing with conditions such as anxiety, glaucoma, nausea, pain among many others. Kin as much as this active compound has its benefits, there is also the other side of the coin. THC has its dangers when consumed. Here are some of the dangers of THC edibles;
- Consumption of THC edibles can lead to cardiac complications. Marijuana is known to cause blood clotting. This may put the person consuming this compound at the risk of a heart attack or arrhythmias. Arrhythmia is a complication with a person’s heartbeat rate. It could be too fast or too slow. This can cause dizziness or fainting.
- THC edibles can lead to respiratory problems. On normal occasions, any form of smoke can lead to respiratory problems. The same applies to marijuana smoke The smoke can lead to problems such as bronchitis, increased coughing, and increased phlegm production. Furthermore, according to research, smoke from marijuana has been seen to have the same toxins as those found in tobacco. This is inclusive of those that cause cancer.
- The THC compound can also lead to neurological problems. Consuming marijuana edibles overstimulates the THC receptors in the brain. This can interfere with how the person affected perceives the environment around him or her. It can also affect a person’s perception of time. In addition to this, it may cause a slow thought process and problems with muscle movement. THC is also known to cause psychiatric issues such as loss of touch with reality commonly known as psychosis. It is also known to bring about delusions.
- The consumption of THC compounds while pregnant can lead to negative impacts on the pregnancy. According to research, the consumption of marijuana edibles while pregnant can lead to negative outcomes in the well-being of the exposed child. It can cause physical issues like low birth weight. It can also lead to some cognitive problems in the child later on in life. These may include learning and attention problems in the child.
- Overconsumption and constant intake of THC can also lead to an addiction. It is well known the extreme lengths addicts can go to satisfy their addictions. Addiction is a problem that is best avoided since getting over it is also not easy.
Marijuana is known for its medicinal benefits but to like everything good there is also a downside. There are dangers to THC edibles. If used purely for medicinal purposes, it shouldn’t be a problem, but constant consumption for recreational purposes isn’t very good for the person consuming it.